What you need:
A Pop!_OS laptop with internet and Parsec client logged in
A Windows PC with internet Parsec server logged in (same app as the client, hosting is just a Windows-only feature as of the writing of this post)
1 HDMI cable (2 if you have an NVIDIA card and want to hook the Laptop to a display, if you don’t have an extra HDMI cable you can just use the display of the laptop)
- Unplug everything from the Windows PC except HDMI (if you have NVIDIA), Internet, and a spare mouse.
- Hook up a keyboard, mouse, headset, etc to your laptop.
- Open Parsec
- Connect to the same network if you can’t get port forwarding to work
- It should automatically find your desktop.
- You are done! Click connect on the one with your desktop name once you are ready to use Windows.